Fillet of Sole with Walnuts and White Wine
|Sole fillets||1 Pound|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light stock/Canned clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fish Or Chicken)|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a shallow oiled baking pan, place skinned fillets add salt, a dash of cayenne pepper, the 1/2 cup of wine and 1/2 cup stock, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes such that tender.
3. To make the sauce, in small saucepan heat oil over a low flame, blend in the flour and cook but do not brown.
4. Adding seasonings over medium heat pour in milk, stock and wine and stir constantly until mixture thickens.
5. Lowering the heat, add walnuts and simmer for 1 minute.
6. Once done, remove the fillets to a serving platter, pour sauce over them, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.7 mg18.2%
Sodium 466.4 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 26 g51.1%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 6% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet