Beetroot Beet Soup With Red Wine
|Beetroot||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Aniseeds||1 1⁄4 Pinch (1 Large Pinch)|
|Butter and oil||4 Ounce, mixed (100 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery sticks||2 , chopped|
|Fennel stalks||2 , chopped|
|Fennel sticks||2 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Carrots||2 , peeled|
|Cabbage||4 Ounce, sliced (100 Gram)|
|Bouquet garni||1 (1 Sprig Each Of Thyme And Parsley And 1 Bay Leaf)|
|Bouquet garni made of:|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Raw cane sugar||1 Pinch|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
1. In a large pan, heat water and add the beetroots
2. Cook them till tender for 30 minutes
3. Then peel the beetroots and slice them into thin shreds or strips
4. Place the strips in a bowl with the red wine and the aniseeds for one hour to marinate.
5. Peel and slice the rest of the beetroots
6. In a large pan, heat the butter and oil till hot.
7. Add the raw beetroot and the rest of the raw vegetables to the pan along with the bouquet garni and cook for 8 minutes.
8. To the pan add, pan 2 pints of water and boil for 30 minutes.
9. When the vegetables are tender, remove the bouquet garni and strain the soup
10. Puree the vegetables in the blender with a little liquid
11. Reheat the puree and then tip in the marinated with beetroot and the wine
12. Season with salt and water
13. Add sugar if required
14. Add in the sour cream diluted with a little water if required
15. Serve hot or cold with toasted bread or croutons