Baked Pears In White Wine
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed To Cover)|
|Kirsch||2 Tablespoon, chilled|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Use a paring knife to peel pears, halve and core .
3. In a medium baking dish or casserole, place pears, cut side down.
4. Pour dry white wine over the pears and sprinkle generously with the sugar.
5. Cover the dish with a lid or with foil and place in the preheated oven
6. Bake the pears for 45 to 50 minutes until tender and caramelized.
7. Serve the pears warm with the poaching liquid spooned on top.
8. Top the pears with chilled kirsch and whipped cream if you like.