Poached Pears In Mulled Wine
|Granulated sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint|
|Lemon||1⁄2 (Use Rind And Juice)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Ripe pears||4 Large|
|Arrowroot/Corn flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream||2 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1) Skin the pears, half them and remove the cores using a spoon.
2) In a pan, heat a mixture of sugar, wine, 1/4 pt (150 ml) water, cinnamon, cloves, lemon and rind gently until the sugar has dissolved.
3) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then simmer it for 2 minutes.
4) Mix in pears and boil for 20 minutes until pears are soft.
5) Using a slotted spoon, toss the pears often during cooking.
6) Take a serving bowl and transfer the pears to it.
7) Reduce the syrup to half by boiling it.
8) Combine arrowroot with lemon juice and mix this with syrup.
9) Allow the syrup to thicken by stirring constantly.
10) Strain the syrup over pears and chill in refrigerator, covered for at least four hours.
11) Serve cold with fresh cream on side.