Leg of Veal with Wine
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, minced|
|Rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Veal leg||5 Pound, boned and tied|
|Onions||2 , peeled, sliced fine|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut into pieces|
|Carrots||2 , peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Dry sherry wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, cream the 2 tablespoon butter and seasonings together and rub over the leg of veal.
2) In a slow cooker, place the vegetables, bay leaf and 1/2 cup butter or margarine
3) Place the leg of veal over the vegetables and pour over the water and wine.
4) Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
5) Serve immediately in individual serving plates.
For a thicker sauce, blend 2 tablespoon flour with 1 cup water, stir into the meat juices, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
Calories 943 Calories from Fat 360
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.3%
Saturated Fat 21.2 g106%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 502.7 mg167.6%
Sodium 1183.9 mg49.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 121 g241%
Vitamin A 118.4% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet