Poached Eggs In Red Wine
|Red burgundy wine||1 Pint|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , sliced|
|Thyme leaves/1 bay leaf||1 Pinch|
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, tip in the wine and add the onion, carrot, seasonings and herbs.
2. Place the pan on a medium low flame and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the liquid, concentrating the flavors but simmering for 10 minutes.
4. Stain to remove the vegetables and herbs.
5. Return the reduced wine to a clean saucepan and bring to a boil again.
6. Carefully poach the eggs, in the wine.
7. Once the eggs are poached, remove them onto individual serving plates.
8. Reduce the sauce to thicken or add a little cornflour dissolved in water and cook stirring until thickened.
9. Spoon a little of the sauce the poached egg
10. Serve immediately.