Breast Of Guinea Hen Au Sherry
|Mushrooms||4 , sliced|
|Wild rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), steamed|
|Sherry wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F
2. In a skillet, sear the breasts.
3. Add mushrooms and sauté till golden and soft.
4. Cover the skillet with its lid and transfer it to the preheated oven.
5. Cook the hen for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes.
7. In a casserole layer the steamed wild rice.
8. Transfer the cooked breast over the rice.
9. To the juices and drippings in the skillet, add wine.
10. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer, stirring frequently.
11. Blend in the cream to make a smooth thick sauce.
12. Take pan off the heat and blend in the beaten yolk.
13. Return to a very low flame and heat, stirring, until bubbly, without boiling.
14. Season to taste
15. Pour the sauce over the hen and rice.
16. Place casserole under a broiler to heat through.
17. Serve straight out of the casserole.