Veal Chops Cooked In Wine
|Veal chops||4 (With Kidney, At Least 2 Inches Or More Thick)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Onion||1 , grated|
|Salt||To Taste (To Season)|
|Pepper||To Taste (To Season)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F
2. Season the chops and dredge them with the flour.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter over a medium high flame.
4. When the butter stops foaming, place the chops and sear them on both sides so that they are golden brown.
5. Transfer the chops to a casserole.
6. To the drippings and juices in the skillet, add wine to deglaze the pan.
7. Pour this liquid over the chops in the casserole.
8. In the same pan, add the remaining butter and melt.
9. Sauté the onions and mushrooms in the butter for about 5 minutes till soft.
10. Tip onto the casserole over the chops.
11. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil and place in the preheated oven.
12. Braise for about 30 minutes until meat is tender.
13. Serve the chops with the onion and mushroom sauce spooned over them.