Apples And Prunes Poached In Wine
|Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Firm apples||3 (Granny Smith / Golden Delicious)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pitted prunes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Halve apples and core them.
2) Cut the half into 4 wedges.
3) In a large saucepan heat wine, water and sugar till boiling.
4) Alternately microwave on high for 8 minutes.
5) Put clove and cinnamon stick. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Or microwave on medium-low for 3-4 minutes.
7) In a bowl take apples and orange juice.
8) Add prunes to apples mixture and put in wine-water syrup. Simmer for 10 minutes.
9) Or microwave on medium-low for 4 minutes.
10) Put apples into a serving dish.
11) Boil the mixture over medium high heat for about 10 minutes till syrupy.
12) Or microwave on high for 3-5 minutes.
13) Spread the syrup mixture over fruit.
14) Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
15) Serve chilled.