Fish Braised In White Wine
|Red snapper||1 Pound|
|Carrots||2 , diced|
|Stalk celery||1 , diced|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||1|
1. Wash, clean and slice the fish while removing the tail and head.
2. Take a fish poacher or roasting pan to sauté the vegetables in just about 4 tablespoons of butter for about 5 minutes.
3. Place the sautéed fish on the poacher rack or may be on a foil sheet and add some stock and wine on the top.
4. Bring it to boil and allow simmering for 5-8 minutes per pound of fish or until the fish flakes. Check it with a fork.
5. Now, take a platter and place the fish over it. Put this platter with fish in a heated oven.
6. Take a saucepan and drain all the liquid. Discard the vegetables and try to reduce the liquid to 2 cups.
7. Take a skillet and melt the remaining 2 tablespoon butter. Add some flour and cook for just about 2 minutes. Keep stirring.
8. Add the reduced liquid in the skillet and keep cooking until thickened.
9. Add some cream and sherry on the top and season with salt and pepper.
10. Serve with sauce individually.