Kidneys In Red Wine
|Lamb kidneys||8 , skinned, halved and cored|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Carrot||1 Large, scraped and sliced|
|Flour||1⁄2 Ounce (12 1/2 Gram)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Beef stock/Stock made with a stock cube||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Tomato puree||1 Teaspoon|
|Flat mushrooms||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) In a pan heat butter and brown the kidneys.
2) In the remaining fat fry onion and carrot till it turns golden.
3) Cook for a minute stirring in flour and gradually add wine, stock and tomato puree.
4) Stir and let content boil.
5) Put the kidneys back along with thyme and bay leaf. Cook covered in simmering heat for 15 minutes.
6) Add mushrooms and cook on simmering heat for 5 minutes longer.
7) Remove the herbs and put the mixture in a shallow ovenproof dish.
8) Serve garnished with parsley.
Freeze the content till it turns solid. Put it in a plastic bag and seal properly. To reheat, put in a hot oven at 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5, for 20 minutes.