Mushroom And Red Wine Pate
|White bread slices||3 Large, crusts removed|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Button mushrooms||12 Ounce, wiped and finely chopped (350 Gram)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Low fat cream cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
|Finely chopped tomato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas Mark 4. Cut the bread in half diagonally. Place the bread triangles on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and split each bread triangle in half to make 12 triangles and return to the oven until golden and crisp. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic until transparent.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until the mushroom juices start to run.
5. Stir the wine and herbs into the mushroom mixture and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered until all the liquid is absorbed.
6. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Leave to cool.
7. When cold, beat in the soft cream cheese and adjust the seasoning. Place in a small clean bowl and chill until required. Serve the toast triangles with the cucumber and tomato.