|Yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 cake / package)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock/Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (lukewarm)|
|Buckwheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken fat/Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Fat/Butter||2 Tablespoon (for frying)|
1. Add yeast, sugar and water.
2. Mix well and let it stand for 5 minutes.
2. Stir the above mixture in 1 cup stock or milk and 1 cup buckwheat flour.
3. Cover and keep it aside in a warm place till it bubbles and doubles in volume.
4. In a bowl, break eggs. Add salt and beat it until it becomes thick.
5. Add melted fat or butter, remaining stock or milk, remaining flour and the yeast mixture.
6. In a skillet, take fat or butter.
7. Pour the flour mixture into it by tablespoon and let it spread.
8. Fry it till it browns lightly on both sides.
9. Serve Buckwheat Pancakes with gravy or with melted butter and sour cream.
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.9 mg76.3%
Sodium 789.8 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 18 g35.5%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet