New Orleans Buck Muffins
|Roasted pecans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy milk/Sweet / sour milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour/Spelt flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2) Grease the muffin tins and keep aside.
3) Roast pecans on a cookie sheet for about 10 minutes, at 300 degrees.
4) Chop the roasted pecans in the food processor and transfer into a work bowl and keep it aside.
5) Add the remaining ingredients, except pecans, to the food processor and run it till the batter is smooth.
6) Add roasted pecans and mix well in the processor itself.
7) Pour the batter into 12 muffin tins and bake for about 25 minutes, till they brown well.
8) When done, the take out the muffins and cool for about 5-10 minutes.
9) They are best eaten when slightly warm.