Morocco Bulgur Cracked Wheat
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bulgur wheat||1 Pound (1 package)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped for 1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Take a heavy -large saucepan and add water , butter and 2 tsp salt into it. Stir in the bulgur wheat in a slow and gradual manner. Cook for about 5 minutes by stirring at regular intervals until the liquid is absorbed. Cover and cook additionally.
2. Simmer and stir several times with a fork for about 45 minutes until the wheat turns light and fluffy.
3. As the wheat cooks, slice the eggplants into 1 thick piece and pare and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
4. Take a large frying pan and add oil into it. Saute onions until they become translucent. Add eggplant and salt and stir it well. Cover and simmer for another half an hour until the eggplant turns soft.
5. Stir in cooked wheat and lightly toss it with two forks to mix the ingredients well, and to fluff up the wheat.
6. Serve bulgur wheat with spicy stew and chilled salad.