Shredded Wheat Cookies
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 (well beaten)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded wheat biscuits||12 (finely rolled)|
|Walnuts/Toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (chopped)|
1. In a bowl, cream together, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar then add egg, vanilla and cream them further till light and fluffy.
2. Add sifted together, flour, salt, baking soda, and add shredded wheat crumb and nuts to the creamed mixture and mix thoroughly.
3. Drop by level tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
4. In a preheated oven, bake at 225 degrees centigrade for about 9 to 12 minutes.
5. Allow to cool on wire rack.
6. Serve at room temperature.