Vita Snack Crackers
|Unsifted whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Old-fashioned oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry roasted unsalted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
|Unsalted margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. Work in the melted fat and then add water to bind the mixture into a ball of dough.
4. On a lightly floured surface, lighly knead the dough with your fingertips, 3 to 4 times.
5. Roll the dough, lightly, with a rolling pin, into a large circle of 1/4 inch thickness.
6. Use a 2-inch round cookie cutter (plain or fluted) to cut the dough into crackers.
7. Arrange the dough circles on baking sheets.
8. Bake the biscuits in the hot oven for about 10 to 12 minutes just until pale and dry.
9. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and loosen the biscuits with a spatula of pastry knife.
10. Slide them onto a wire rack and let them cool and harden.
11. Store the biscuits in a wax paper lined airtight container.
12. Serve the Vita crackers as an accompaniment to dips or soups or enjoy as an evening snack.