Buckwheat Dumplings For Topping Stew
|Buckwheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pure buckwheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooking oil/Melted shortening||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
2. In a measuring jar, combine milk, egg and oil or shortening and whisk until well blended.
3. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients while quickly and lightly stirring.
4. Drop the dumplings into boiling stew or broth using a rounded tablespoon.
5. Cover pan tightly with lid and let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes without stirring.
6. Serve the dumplings and stew while hot.