Old Time Buckwheat Cakes
|Buckwheat||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Elam'S)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sour milk/Buttermilk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil/Melted shortening||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a bowl and mix together flour, baking powder and salt in it and then keep aside.
2) In another bowl, combine rest of the ingredients in order listed.
3) Beat in the flour mixture just until batter is smooth.
4) Onto a hot lightly greased griddle, pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
5) Bake the pancake until top is browned and then turn to the other side to allow browning.
6) Serve at once.
Calories 207 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg8.8%
Sodium 242.9 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 0.38%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet