Aubergines Stuffed With Lamb And Buckwheat
|Kasha||1 Ounce (Roasted Buckwheat Groats, 30 Grams)|
|Aubergines||14 Ounce, stalks left on, skins pierced two or three times with a skewer (About 2 In Number, 7 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pine nuts||2 Ounce, finely chopped (30 Grams)|
|Lean ham||5 Ounce, leftover cooked, minced (150 Grams)|
|Fresh oregano/1/2 teaspoon dried oregano||3 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, pureed in a blender, sieved, skins and seeds discarded|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a small microwavable bowl put buckwheat groats and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
2) Stir in 12.5 cl (4 fl oz) hot water and microwave on high for about 4 minutes until water is evaporated.
3) Cover with a plastic film and keep aside.
4) In a deep baking dish arrange the aubergines and mix tablespoons of water to it.
5) Cover with a plastic film and leave a side open.
6) Microwave on high for about 10 minutes until soft.
7) To prepare the stuffing, in a glass bowl add oil and put onion in it. Microwave on high for about 3 to 4 minutes.
8) Mix pine nuts and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir again and microwave on high for about 30 seconds.
9) Add lamb, oregano, buckwheat, paprika, salt and 2 tablespoons of the pureed tomato.
10) Cut the the aubergines in two lengthwise.
11) Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh from each aubergine half. Leave a shell of about 5 cm (1/4 inch) thick.
12) Cut the flesh into bite sized pieces. Mix lamb and buckwheat with it.
13) Spoon this stuffing into the aubergine shells.
14) On a serving platter arrange the shells. Keep some space at the center to fit in a small bowl.
15) With a non-stick parchment paper cover the aubergines and microwave on high for about 4 minutes.
16) Sprinkle parsley over it.
17) Season remaining pureed tomato with enough pepper.
18) In a serving bowl add the puree and microwave on high for 1 minute.
19) Keep the bowl of puree in the centre of the aubergines and serve.