Whole Grain, Yogurt, and Berry Pancakes
|Unbleached all-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), unbleached|
|Whole-wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Yellow corn meal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Unsalted butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing The Skillet)|
|Vanilla yogurt||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Nonfat vanilla yogurt||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Blueberries/Frozen blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), Defrosted|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), hulled|
|Raspberries/Frozen raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), Defrosted|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen, Defrosted)|
|Fresh strawberries/Frozen strawberries, defrosted||1 Cup (16 tbs), hulled and sliced|
|Raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen, Defrosted)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon, warmed|
1. In a large bowl combine well the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, corn meal, baking powder and salt.
2. In another bowl, beat the egg very well and mix in the melted butter, honey, yogurt and skim milk thoroughly.
3. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones, stirring them until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
4. Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium heat add 1/2 teaspoon of the butter and spread it quickly over the surface of the pan.
5. Add approximately 1/3 cup of the batter to the pan, cook the pancake until bubbles appear and then flip it over and cook on the other side until it is golden and cooked through.
6. Repeat this procedure with all of the batter and add more butter to the pan as needed.
7. Top each serving of pancakes with some blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and a sprinkling of the powdered sugar and serve with the warmed syrup.