|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Triticale flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Noninstant nonfat milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Stir yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil and honey.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE or PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, flours, salt and milk powder. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while machine is running.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
8) Process the stiff dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
14) Prepare a ball from the dough, let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
15) Use greased 7 7/8 x 3 7/8-inch loaf pan to place the loaf made from dough.
16) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 1 hour.
17) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
18) Place inside oven on middle rack to bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
19) Immediately transfer the loaf on wire rack for cooling.
20) Serve the bread warm or cool with your choice of dip or spread.
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.4%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.16 mg0.05%
Sodium 494.8 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.2%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet