Rosemary-Citrus Buckwheat and Shrimp with Mixed Veggies
|Hulled buck wheat||2 Cup (32 tbs), rinsed, drained (or barley)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cooked shrimps||2 Cup (32 tbs), shelled and devined|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||250 Gram, thawed (1/2 packet)|
|Grapefruit||3⁄4 Medium, juiced|
|Orange||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
|Rosemary sprig||2 Small|
|Walnuts||2 Tablespoon, crushed|
1. In a bowl, pour together grapefruit juice, orange juice, lime juice, olive oil and add salt, pepper and rosemary and stir well to mix, set aside.
2. In a large pot, place the water and buckwheat and cook for 20 minutes or until the buckwheat is soft and doubled in size.
3. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
4. In large bowl, put together shrimps, buckwheat, and vegetables and mix well.
5. Pour on the dressing and stir well.
6. Garnish with rosemary and rosemary and serve as desired
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2353 Calories from Fat 780
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.2%
Saturated Fat 13 g64.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 468 mg156%
Sodium 1058.4 mg44.1%
Total Carbohydrates 309 g103.1%
Dietary Fiber 51.8 g207%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 110 g220.4%
Vitamin A 283.2% Vitamin C 254%
Calcium 34.2% Iron 107.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet