1. In a mixing bowl, sift together buckwheat flour, baking powder and salt
2. Stir in milk and whisk lightly to form a smooth batter .
3. Heat, a well greased griddle
4. When the griddle is hot, drop batter using a serving spoon, 2-3 inches apart to make desired size pancakes.
5. Cook until bubbly, then flip over using a metal spatula and brown on the other side, 3-4 minutes.
6. Stack buckwheat cakes on a plate.
7. Serve them hot with pure maple syrup and country sausage to make a wholesome breakfast on a winter day.