|Soft butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almond filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Gently cut the butter into flour and salt mixture, mix in the egg yolk with a fork and refrigerate the dough overnight.
3) Divide the dough into 21 pieces, then thinly roll each piece on a floured board to make a 5 to 6-inch square.
4) Place a tablespoon of filling on the square and fold to form a square envelope.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Remove and cool on a rack.
6) Sift over the sugar and cinnamon mixture and serve in a nice plate.
Calories 864 Calories from Fat 506
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.7%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 369.1 mg123%
Sodium 143.2 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 30.2 g
Protein 14 g28.8%
Vitamin A 27.8% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet