Whole Wheat Sesame Crackers
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking sheet with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour with the salt.
4. Stir in the sesame seeds.
5. Pour the water, tamari and oil into the flour mixture.
6. Using a spatula or your hand, bind the ingredients to form a dough.
7. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead until it is soft.
8. Roll the dough into a thin sheet to fit the baking tray. Transfer the sheet to the baking tray and use a dough cutter or knife to cut into equal sized squares or 4 inches.
9. Sprinkle a little salt over the crackers.
10. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the crackers are crisp and golden brown.
11. Remove the tray from the oven and allow the crackers to harden.
12. Serve the crackers as an evening snack with a healthy dip, spread or topping of your choice.
13. Store them in an airtight container lined with grease proof paper.