Wheat Hulwa Black
|Wheat flour||450 Gram|
|Water||4 3⁄4 Liter|
|Clarified butter||225 Gram|
|Vegetable fat||225 Gram|
1. Prepare dough as for wheat hulwa (white). Leave overnight.
2. Pass through a fine cloth.
3. Dissolve molasses in the given water over gentle heat.
4. Grate coconut and extract coconut milk (about 1 lit.).
5. Mix together wheat, molasses syrup and coconut milk and cook, stirring well till thick.
6. When quite thick add fat and cashew-nuts. Cook till a small portion rolled between thumb and forefinger will form a non-sticky ball.
7. Remove from fire. Add powdered cardamoms.
8. Spread in flat 2.5 cm. (1") deep metal trays.
9. Leave to cool. Cut into 5 cm. (2") pieces. Tin and use as required.