Classic Crisco Single Crust
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
1. Spoon flour into measuring cup and level. Combine flour and salt in medium bowl.
2. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until all flour is blended to form pea-size chunks.
3. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with fork until dough forms a ball.
4. Press dough between hands to form 5- to 6-inch "pancake." Flour rolling surface and rolling pin lightly. Roll dough into circle. Trim circle 1 inch larger than upside-down pie plate. Carefully remove trimmed dough; set aside to reroll and use for pastry cutout garnish, if desired.
5. Fold dough into quarters. Unfold and press into pie plate. Fold edge under. Flute.
6. For recipes using a baked pie crust, heat oven to 425°F. Prick bottom and side thoroughly with fork (50 times) to prevent shrinkage. Bake at 425°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. For recipes using an unbaked pie crust, follow directions given for that recipe.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.41 g0.63%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.32%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1940.5 mg80.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.9% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet