Wheat Hulwa White
|Whole wheat||1 Kilogram|
|Wheat flour||450 Gram|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Kilogram|
|Milk||12 Liter (2 Bottles)|
|Water||4 3⁄4 Liter (8 Bottles)|
|Vegetable shortening||450 Gram|
|Pure ghee||225 Gram|
1. Soak wheat in water for about 16 hours (change water twice during soaking period).
2. Grind-in a round stone grinder.
3. Strain through a coarse jelly cloth.
4. If wheat flour is used, make a wet clough. Leave overnight.
5. Pass through a fine cloth.
6. Mix together wheat, milk, water and sugar.
7. Cook till thick, stirring all the time. When thick add fat and cashewnuts.
8. Continue cooking till a small portion rolled between thumb and forefinger will form a non-sticky ball.
9. Remove from fire. Add powdered cardamoms.
10. Spread in flat 2.5 cm.(l") deep metal trays. Leave to cool. Cut into 5 cm. (2") pieces. Tin and use as required.