Stuffed Watermelon With Kirsch
|Watermelon||1 (Good-Sized, Oblong-Shaped)|
|Honeydew melon/Cranshaw melon||1|
|Fresh pineapple/One 20-ounce can of pineapple chunks||1|
|Bourbon/Kirsch||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Or to taste)|
1) From the top third of the watermelon, remove a slice and then with the help of a melon-ball cutter, remove as much of the watermelon in neatly formed balls as possible
2) Place the watermelon balls in a large bowl and scoop out the rest of the watermelon as well and keep aside for future use.
3) Till it is time for filling, keep the melon shells chilled.
4) Cut the other melons into half and take out the seeds. Scoop out as many well-shaped and neat balls as possible and put these in the same bowl as the watermelon balls.
5) Peel the pineapple and cut it into cubes. If using canned pineapple, cut it into small wedges. Add the pineapple to the bowl.
6) Hull the strawberries but do not cut them. Blend the whole strawberries with the pineapple, melon and watermelon in the bowl.
7) Add sugar to taste, if required, and then add the bourbon or the kirsch.
8) In the refrigerator, chill the fruit for several hours.
9) Use a large spoon to fill the watermelon shell with the melon balls as well as the other fruits so that different colors of fruits are placed nicely throughout.
10) Chill the preparation once again.
11) Serve chilled after adding sprigs of fresh mint for decoration.
12) The preparation can be kept chilled in a larger bowl of crushed ice.