Walnut Surprise Cookies
|Turbinado sugar/Sucanat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carob chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. Grease an 8-inch square cookie pan.
3. In a bowl, take sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat it well with a wooden spoon to make it of a smooth consistency.
4. Add flour and salt. Mix it well.
5. Add walnuts and mix it well. The batter will become thick and sticky and hard to mix.
6. In a baking pan, spread the batter. Even it out by pushing the batter to the corner of the pan with a wooden spoon and complete patting it into an even layer with your fingers and the palm of the hand.
7. Bake cookies in the oven for 20 minutes, or until it turns light brown in color and the edges of the batter pull away from the sides of the pan.
8. Remove from oven and place the pan on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
9. Cut cookies into large squares while they are still warm.
10. Sprinkle carob chips over cookies and spread it with a butter knife and light touch while they are still warm to frost it.
11. Serve Walnut Surprise Cookies with hot beverages like tea or coffee.