Black Walnut Refrigerator Cookies
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Black walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) Heat oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl add all ingredients except walnuts.
3) Beat at low speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Stir in the walnuts.
5) Divide the dough in half and shape each half into 12x2-inch rolls.
6) Wrap each roll in plastic food wrap and chill till firm.
7) Cut the rolls into 1/4-inch slices and arrange 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
8) Place in oven for 9 to 12 minutes till lightly browned.
9) Serve during tea time as a snack.