|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Marshmallows||6 , cut up|
|Peppermint oil||3 Drop|
|Walnut halves||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan add sugar, water, corn syrup and salt and bring to boil.
2. Cook until mixture reaches 240°F/ 120°c or just before the soft ball stage.
3. Stir in the marshmallow pieces and cook until melted
4. Add the oil of peppermint and then the walnuts.
5. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to lose its shine and hardens a little bit.
6. Spread a waxed paper on table and turn out the mixture on it, quickly separating the walnuts into individual pieces.
7. Serve when cool.
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 33.5 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.55%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet