Spicy Walnut Squares
|Butter||250 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , separated|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C)
2) Mix together the butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy, light and fluffy.
3) Add the egg yolk and beat well.
4) Sift together the flour, salt and cinnamon and add to the creamed mixture.
5) Stir in half the nuts.
6) Spread the mixture in a buttered and floured 10-inch x 14-inch (25-cm x 35-cm) pan.
7) Beat the egg white until frothy and spoon onto the mixture.
8) Sprinkle the rest of the nuts.
9) Bake in a 350Â°F (180Â°C) oven for about 25 minutes.
10) Cool slightly and cut into squares before serving.