Black Walnut Caramels
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) In a saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup, 1/2 cup cream and butter and allow to boil.
2) Gradually stir in the remaining cream. The candy should remain at a boil.
3) Cook till it forms a firm ball, then remove from the heat.
4) Add in the vanilla and black walnuts.
5) Transfer into a greased shallow pan. Cool.
6) Cut into cubes and wrap individually in waxed paper.
7) Serve as a healthy snack.