Walnut Festival Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Grease a cookie sheet.
2) Combine the butter, and sugar, and cream till light and fluffy.
3) Blend in the orange rind, egg, and milk.
4) Combine and sift the flour, salt, and soda.
5) Stir into the creamed mix.
6) Stir in the walnuts and raisins.
7) Roll into small balls, using your hands, and arrange on the cookie sheet.
8) Lightly flatten using with a fork dipped in milk.
9) Place in the oven at 425° F and bake for 7 to 9 minutes.
10) Serve as a snack.