Walnut Festival Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Grease a cookie sheet.
2) Combine the butter, and sugar, and cream till light and fluffy.
3) Blend in the orange rind, egg, and milk.
4) Combine and sift the flour, salt, and soda.
5) Stir into the creamed mix.
6) Stir in the walnuts and raisins.
7) Roll into small balls, using your hands, and arrange on the cookie sheet.
8) Lightly flatten using with a fork dipped in milk.
9) Place in the oven at 425° F and bake for 7 to 9 minutes.
10) Serve as a snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3224 Calories from Fat 1162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g205.8%
Saturated Fat 63.8 g318.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 457.9 mg152.6%
Sodium 1286.2 mg53.6%
Total Carbohydrates 471 g156.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.6%
Sugars 208.1 g
Protein 51 g102.9%
Vitamin A 62.6% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 103.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet