Roquefort, Pear And Walnut Toasts
|Baguette||1 , thinly sliced on an angle|
|Pear||1 , quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced|
|Roquefort cheese||3⁄4 Pound, crumbled|
|Walnut pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the broiler to high.
2) In a broiler pan, line 12 slices of baguette in a single layer.
3) Lightly brown on each side.
4) Drizzle lemon juice over the pear slices to prevent browning.
5) Keep a slice of pear on top each toast, along with Roquefort crumbles and walnut pieces.
6) Keep the pan 6 inches from the broiler heat source.
7) Heat the toasts for 2 or 3 minutes till the melt cheese and walnuts mildly roast.
8) Serve immediately on individual plates.