Walnut Festival Cookies
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Blend together butter and sugar to make it light and creamy.
3. Add orange rind, egg and milk to the mixture and stir well.
4. Sieve flour, salt and soda and put it into the creamed mixture.
5. Add walnuts and raisins to it and stir.
6. Using the palms of the hands, make small balls.
7. Take greased cookie sheet, put the balls on it.
8. Level the balls with a fork dipped in milk.
9. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
10. Serve in a dish.