Dates And Walnut Cake
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted and cut up|
1. Heat up the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Grease your cake pan with oil or shortening.
3. Mix eggs with vanilla and grated lemon zest and add oil, apple sauce and milk.
4. Mix sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
5. Add wet mix to the dry mix.
6. Stir well and add to the pan.
7. Bake for 45-55 minutes.
8. Check for doneness with toothpick until it comes out dry.
9. Cool for one hour and then invert into a serving platter.