|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (about 2 sticks)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (semisweet)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1. Sift flour, soda and salt onto wax paper.
2. Beat butter or margarine with granulated and brown sugars until fluffy in a medium-size bowl with electric mixer at high speed; beat in eggs until well blended.
3. Stir in flour mixture, a third at a time, until well blended; fold in chocolate pieces and walnuts.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, on cookie sheets.
5. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from cookie sheets with spatula to wire racks; cool.