|Egg||1 Large, whisked (for waffle)|
|Cinnamon applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for waffle)|
|Low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for waffle)|
|Agave nectar||2 Tablespoon, light (for waffle)|
|Vanilla extarct||1 Teaspoon (for waffle)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for waffle)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon (for waffle)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for waffle)|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (for waffle)|
|Non-stick cooking spray||1 Tablespoon (for waffle)|
|Low fat yogurt||3 Ounce (for yogurt dip)|
|Low fat milk||1 Tablespoon (for yogurt dip)|
|Agave syrup||1 Tablespoon, light (for yogurt dip)|
1. Preheat a waffle maker.
2. For waffle, in a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix and keep it aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add milk, egg, applesauce, agave nectar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Whisk it well.
4. Add flour and beat thoroughly until the batter is light.
5. Grease waffle maker with non-stick spray. Pour batter in it.
6. Cover, and allow it to cook until golden brown with slightly crispy edge.
7. For dip, in a bowl, put yogurt, milk, and agave syrup. Mix it well.
8. Serve waffle with yogurt dip.
Your batter should not touch the edge of the waffle maker.
You can also make waffle ahead of time, let cool, wrap in wax paper ,and place them in refrigerator. All you need to do is take them out, put it in toaster and serve with dip.
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg18.5%
Sodium 848.6 mg35.4%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 54.5%
Calcium 44.7% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet