|All purpose flour||10 Cup (160 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||10 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice milk/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or soy milk, almond milk, any milk will do)|
|Low fat buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Vegetable oil spray||6 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Sift first 7 ingredients into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the remaining ingredients.
4. Whisk the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Pour about 1/2 cup of the pumpkin batter into a waffle iron that’s been buttered or greased and cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
6. To freeze the waffles, allow baked waffles to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze. When ready to serve, thaw then place in toaster oven or oven at 300 degree F and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
7. Serve with maple syrup or make into sandwiches filling with cream cheese and whatever other fillings you desire.
Calories 661 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105 mg35%
Sodium 763 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 83.2% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 42.7% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet