Blueberry Pecan Waffles
|Sifted all-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Blueberries||6 Tablespoon, washed and dried|
1) Take a sheet of wax paper and stir together sugar, salt, flour and baking powder.
2) In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Set aside.
3) Take a medium size bowl and beat egg yolks in it. Add milk and beat.
4) Gently stir in all the dry ingredients and mix together. Add pecans and oil.
5) Stir in beaten egg whites and mix.
6) Pour the prepared batter into a waffle iron following manufacturer-€™s directions.
7) Sprinkle each waffle with some blueberries and bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes or until brown and crisp.
8) Serve waffles hot with honey and butter, if desired.