|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Crisco||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Flaked coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange peel||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Apple||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced (Unpared)|
|Nutmeg||4 Dash (Several Dashes)|
1. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In a saucepan, melt Crisco and stir in egg and milk.
3. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined and the ingredients are moistened; would get a thin batter.
4. In a small bowl, mix together coconut and orange peel.
5. In another medium bowl, toss apples with 1 teaspoon sugar and nutmeg.
6. Following the manufacturer-€™s instructions, season the waffle iron.
7. Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit before baking.
8. Into the prepared waffle baker, pour batter until covered by 2/3rd.
9. Quickly sprinkle top with a little coconut mixture, apple mixture or pecans, if desired.
10. Waffle can be baked plain, if desired.
11. When the lid lifts easily and steam stops, waffles are done.
12. Wrap the waffles and freeze until use.
13. Remove waffles from freezer and immediately bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes; waffle can also be heated in a toaster.
14. Serve hot waffles with butter and drizzle syrup over the top.