Rice Waffle Stack
|Strawberries||12 Ounce, frozen, unsweetened|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole-wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Cottage cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Preferably Low Fat)|
1. Defrost the berries, reserving the liquid.
2. In a saucepan, mix 1 tablespoon of the strawberry liquid with the cornstarch to a smooth mixture.
3. Add the remaining liquid, lemon juice, and berries.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and cook until thick.
5. Stir in the honey and set aside.
6. In a medium bowl, beat together the buttermilk, egg substitute, and oil until smooth.
7. In a large bowl, stir in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
8. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
9. Mix in the rice.
10. Heat a waffle iron, and lightly brush the grids with oil.
11. Pour in enough batter to just fill.
12. Close and cook until the steaming stops and the waffles are crisp and done.
13. Press the cottage cheese through a line sieve to break up the curds.
14. Place one large waffle (do not separate the individual waffles) on a serving plate.
15. Spread a layer of cottage cheese on the waffle.
16. Top with another waffle and spread on a layer of the strawberry mixture.
17. Continue stacking, ending with strawberry mixture.
18. Top the waffle with a dollop of cottage cheese.
19. Slice into wedges and serve.