Crispy Rice Flour Waffles
|100% whole brown rice flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Elam's® Organically Grown Stone Ground)|
|Turbinado sugar/Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cooking oil/Melted shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a batter bowl, combine the dry ingredients and keep aside.
2. Preheat the waffle iron to medium.
3. In a medium bowl, add egg yolks and beat with a wire whisk or electric beater until thick and pale.
4. Add milk and fat and blend well.
5. While whisking constantly but lightly, pour the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients.
6. Once the batter is smooth keep aside and let stand. You can make the batter the previous night if you like.
7. To a clean dry bowl, add the egg whites.
8. Use an electric beater or wire whisk to beat them until stiff, forming soft peaks.
9. Add egg whites to batter and fold in gently without beating until a few streaks of whites are visible.
10. Use a ladle or a measure cup to pour 2/3 cup batter in the center of the preheated waffle iron.
11. Spread batter evenly on the grid, Â½ inch from the edge of the iron, using the back of a spoon.
12. Close iron lid and bake the waffle until golden and crisp. This can take about 3 to 4 minutes.
13. Remove onto a serving plate and repeat to make remaining waffles.
14. Serve crispy rice flour waffles immediately, as they are being made, with your favorite toppings.