Double Wheat Waffles
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Soy flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Non Instant)|
1) In a measuring cup, mix together egg yolks, oil, honey and water and put aside.
2) Into the work bowl of the food processor,add the wheat flour, soy flour, baking powder, wheat germ, milk powder and salt and pulse on/off to order to mix.
3) While the machine is running, pour in the liquid mixture.
4) Stop the machine as soon as all the liquid has been added.
5) Into a medium mixing bowl,ladle the batter .
6) Wash both the work bowl and metal blade,pat dry.
7) Into work bowl,add egg whites and blend until stiff,fluffy peaks form but not dry.
8) Slowly fold into the batter.
9) Bake in a hot waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
10) Adjust consistency with milk,if the batter becomes very thick.
11) Waffles can be served with any choice of side dish like bacon,eggs etc
Calories 503 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.1%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.1 mg35.4%
Sodium 487.8 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 17 g33.4%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet