Date And Pecan Waffles
|Whole-wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted wheat germ||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|1% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), warmed|
1. Preheat the waffle maker.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
3. Make a well in the center of these ingredients and pour in milk and yogurt
4. Use an electric beater or a wire whisk to beat quickly until mixed well.
5. Stir in the dates and pecans
6. In a clean dry and grease free bowl, beat the egg whites using an egg beater or electric beater, until stiff peaks form.
7. Gently fold the egg white into the batter.
8. Ladle enough of the batter into the center of the hot waffle maker grid.
9. Close lid and bake for about 10 minutes or until lid lifts easily.
10. With the help of a fork or metal spatula, remove baked waffles and continue to make the next batch.
11. Serve the hot and crisp waffles drizzled with warm maple syrup.