Creamed Cod On Waffles
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Flour||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Milk||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Florida grapefruit juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked cod||2 Cup (32 tbs), flaked|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
1) Take a saucepan and melt butter in it over low heat.
2) Add onion and sauté for about 3 minutes.
3) Gradually add 1/3 cup flour. Stir until smooth.
4) Gradually stir in 2 cups of milk.
5) Add chervil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook until cod is thoroughly heated.
6) Remove from heat and add cream. Keep mixture warm.
7) Take a bowl and sift in it remaining flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
8) Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff.
9) Take another bowl and beat egg yolks in it. Add remaining shortening and milk.
10) Stir in the flour mixture. Beat using a rotary beater until smooth.
11) Fold in the egg whites.
12) Pour 1/2 cup of prepared batter in hot waffle iron for each waffle.
13) Bake until golden brown.
14) Serve with creamed cod. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.