Double Corn Waffles
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beaten egg yolks||2|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned cream style corn||8 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Stiffly beaten egg whites||2|
1. Preheat the waffle baker.
2. In a large basin, sift together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir in the sugar and cornmeal.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and oil till blended.
4. Lightly stir in the dry ingredients, a little at a time, to make a smooth batter.
5. Fold in the corn.
6. Fold in the egg whites.
7. Ladle batter onto preheated waffle baker.
8. Bake till brown, about 5 minutes.
9. Repeat with remaining batter.
10. Serve waffles with a salsa or with your favorite sauce.